Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon


I don't get the whole Twilight thing. He's whiny, she's needy. As far as human/vampire couples go, I'd much rather watch Buffy & Angel. Or Buffy & Spike. Or Sookie & Eric. Even Sookie & Bill, but that's pushing it. But this brings us to something far more interesting than New Moon: why is it always a male vampire and a female human? There's the blatant biting and penetration issue of course. But I sense that it may have to do with age as well: it's ok to have a 109 year old guy date an 18 year old female, but not the other way around. Or this: it's a bigger tragedy (apparently) that the guy remains to appear 17, as the woman ages than having an aging man around. There is one exception though, and interestingly, it comes from Europe: Let the Right One In. See it.

New Moon is well made and entertaining enough. I enjoyed it, especially since I didn't have to pay for the ticket. Its digital wolves look ridiculously fake, and I cannot find the film engaging in any way, but its male characters have a tendency to take off their shirts. Constantly. At least it's something to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment